We go through life with a series of labels. Maybe as a child you were an A+ student, or maybe you were “that kid”. Then as you grew, maybe you were the “cheerleader” or the “band geek” or the “drama kid”. While many of us would like to believe this ends with high school, it goes on even further. We become girlfriends, wives, mothers, entrepreneurs, and more. Sometimes, though, those labels can really hold us back.
When we label ourselves, maybe we say we’re “not readers” or we “aren’t organized”. We keep ourselves in these boxes and it can really keep us from growth. Today in our chat with Amy Tripple we chat about how letting go of those labels help us with staying open about who we are and reach our full potential!
Amy is a professional photographer of 9 years who has approached photography as she’s approached her life. With enthusiasm, creativity, and love. As a mom of three children, she knows why photography matters: moments captured are moments preserved. Amy and her husband Jonathan are a full-time team, working to provide the best photography experience in the Chicagoland area.
Staying Open and Breaking Through Labels with Amy Tripple
Amy’s work has been featured in:
- Parents Magazine
- Professional Photographers of America Magazine
- Daily Candy
- People Magazine
- Cool Mom Picks
On this week’s episode Amy and I talk about:
- How releasing the labels we set for ourselves can unlock doors of our creativity we didn’t even realize existed.
- Amy’s ultimate creative rut and how that actually led to an evolution and expansion of her creative business.
- The importance of staying open to collaboration with others to live a more connected purpose filled life.
- And for the readers out there we also share a few books that are inspiring each of us right now when it comes to living a life of creativity and connection!
HOMEWORK: SNAP A PHOTO THAT SHOWS HOW YOU’RE “STAYING OPEN” THIS WEEK. COME FOLLOW @BERYLAYNYOUNG ON INSTAGRAM. USE THE #RECAPTURESELF WHEN YOU POST. I’LL SHARE OUT SOME OF YOUR POSTS THIS WEEK!
You can learn more about Amy here!
Did you know we also have a completely free community group? Our 52 Moments Recapture Self community is a place where photography, creativity, and motherhood collide. Join the community at this link, say hello, and look for our live video chats each Wednesday and new weekly photo prompts every FRIDAY: http://momtography.club/community
Last but not least, have you subscribed to Recapture Self on iTunes yet? If not head on over there now, get subscribed and don’t forget to share your love of the show with a review. While you’re there please do subscribe and share this podcast with your friends too.